Fem365: Fitness. Food. Femininity.
Here’s an easy Paleo (and family-friendly) meal… Prep it in the morning, put it in the fridge, then pop it into the oven when you get home from work/errands/school/etc.!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp Dijon or spicy brown mustard (1 Tbsp mustard per chicken breast)
- 6 strips nitrate-free bacon (2 strips per chicken breast)
- 2-3 large carrots, peeled and cut into desired shape/size for roasting (rounds, matchsticks, etc.)
- 1 head cauliflower, broken up into large florets
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Kosher flake salt and ground black pepper
Pound chicken breasts to ½” thick (make sure they’re an even thickness all around). Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then top each piece of chicken with 1 Tbsp mustard. Place 2 strips of bacon on each piece of chicken. The ends of the bacon will hang off the chicken — that’s okay! They’ll “shrink” as they cook and will cover your chicken perfectly.
In a large glass mixing bowl, heat the coconut oil in the microwave until just melted. Add cut carrots, cauliflower florets, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss until veggies are lightly coated in oil. Arrange veggies around the chicken.
Place the pan in the middle rack of your oven and bake at 350 F/175 C for 20 minutes. At this point, the chicken should be *almost* fully cooked. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the heat to BROIL (LOW if you have a “low broil” setting). Move oven rack up to a higher position. While pan is still outside of the oven, turn the veggies gently. When the broiler is up to temp, place the pan back in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, until bacon is browned and everything looks golden and delicious.
Divide chicken and veggies between plates, and enjoy!