I had the extreme honor of talking with my friend Erica Steele, licensed Esthetician and proud owner of Ginger Jane Beauty. In light of my recent series of posts about how to tap into your inner goddess (click here for part one, and click here for part two), I wanted to end with a conversation about feeling goddess-like not only on the inside, but on the outside too. Natural is GREAT, but it’s TOTALLY OKAY to highlight your natural beauty in any way that feels good and supportive for YOU.
At the end of this interview I open up about how sometimes it feels weird (for me) to wear makeup… Weird to be “seen” in that way, weird to think that people might think I’m “trying too hard” or going “over the top,” (or vain, or self-centered, or any other strange sentiment that can crop up, especially among women who pride themselves to be “natural girls”). Erica is helping me conquer these fears.
Warning: our conversation is 40 minutes even though our topic is about 5 minute makeup. Erica’s routine takes 5 minutes (tops) if you’re going straight through, but we spent A LOT of extra time talking about confidence and self-love as well as tips and tricks (and little bloopers that you’ll just have to watch to see). Erica’s beauty tips are fantastic especially if you’re not typically a makeup wearer, but are interested in enhancing your natural beauty.
I asked Erica to share her favorite products and recommendations for me (they’ll work for you, too). Take it away, Erica!
From Erica, of Ginger Jane Beauty:
“Products I use for 5 minute makeup (these are not endorsements, they are simply products I personally use and love):
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free (Nude), you would probably be a Natural.
- Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick in Peach Glow, I would recommend the Coral Glow for you. It is similar to Nars Orgasm but with less sparkle/glitter.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Moonlight. You might really love Rosegold. It is our most popular shade.
- Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara
- Anastasia Brow Wiz
- Laura Mercier Lipgloss in Bare Pink. These are my favorite lip glosses out there. They aren’t goopy and have kind of a nice vanilla fragrance to them. They make me think of vanilla lattes.”
Do you wear makeup? Do you have any timesaving tips and tricks? Favorite products? Let us know in the comments below!
You won’t believe how good you can feel, and how brightly you can shine. Be the woman who lights up the room! For blog updates + women’s health inspiration, SUBSCRIBE to our email newsletter.