You already know about my love for essential oils, and you might also know about my obsession with collagen. Enter Collagen Beauty Bites. These balls are DA BOMB (when was the last time you heard THAT phrase???)! If you’re a superfood junkie like me you’re gonna love these little bites of goodness:
Get an energizing, beautifying, antioxidant-filled protein boost with these Make-Ahead Beauty Bites.
Sweetened with dried fruit and raw honey and BURSTING with citrus-spice flavor, these convenient snacks give you a jolt of energy without an accompanying crash. Best part? They’re boosted with superfoods including Kale Leaf Powder, Dandelion Greens Powder, Spinach Leaf Powder, Parsley Leaf Powder, Collard Greens Leaf Powder, Broccoli Powder, and Cabbage Leaf Powder from the TerraGreens, and connective tissue-healing collagen + gut-healing probiotics in the Beauty Greens.
There is evidence to show that greens can help improve your body’s natural detoxification processes, and not only that, it’s rumored that greens are anti-aging. They may even prevent gray hair! While silver is certainly foxy, I’d like to hold mine off for a few more years. Collagen and greens…Come to mama.
Keep these Beauty Bites on hand for an afternoon pick-me-up or post workout fix.
Dr. Bri’s Make-Ahead BEAUTY BITES
(inspired by a recipe from Vital Proteins; gluten and dairy free)
- 5 large plump Medjool dates, pitted
- 5 dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- heaping 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop doTERRA TerraGreens
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens*
- 1/4 C softened coconut oil
- 1/4 C raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 drops On Guard essential oil
- scant 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Add the dried fruit, seeds, and shredded coconut to the bowl of a large food processor.
2. Process until everything is small and crumbly.
3. Add Vital Proteins Beauty Greens and doTERRA TerraGreens and process again until blended.
4. Add the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, On Guard, and sea salt to the bowl. Process until the mixture clumps together.
5. Use a small cookie scoop to dish out balls. If they begin to fall apart, simply roll them between your hands.
6. Place the balls on a lined sheet pan or plate and move them to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set up.
7. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
*The statements in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This article and the product(s) mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Some of the above links are affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of my links and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission (at no cost to you). Please keep in mind that I only recommend products or services that I personally use and that I believe will add value to your life. My top priority is to provide you tools to create positive changes in your life and I only link to products or resources that support this vision. I do not allow external advertisements on this website, so affiliate links are one way for me to help offset the costs of running and maintaining my blog and the other free content I offer. Thank you in advance for your support!