If you ever find yourself RUSHING in the morning and you need a quick “meal in a glass,” this Million Dollar Breakfast Shake is for you. The recipe is inspired by my friend Sara, who raved about the Million Dollar Smoothie she had at Sun Life Organics in Malibu, CA for a price of about $15 (gulp!). When she told me about it, I thought, “I can do that! For WAYYYYY LESS than $15 per serving!”
Get a boatload of healthy fat, vitamins and minerals, enzymes, protein, and fiber with this Million Dollar Breakfast Shake. When I start my day RIGHT with something substantial (rather than with a sugary scone or a paltry piece of fruit), I make better food choices throughout the rest of the day. Try it yourself… See if you get “million dollar results” from this Million Dollar Shake.
Million Dollar Breakfast Shake
makes ONE large, satisfying serving
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 heaping Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao (I love Vitacost.com‘s raw cacao powder)
- 1 heaping Tbsp almond butter (try my super-smooth blanched almond butter)
- 2 tsp local honey
- 1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder with minimal ingredients, such as doTERRA’s V-Shake, Arbonne’s Daily Protein Boost, or Warrior Blend
- 1 tsp maca root powder (or 1 serving of Mighty Maca Greens)
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt (do not use iodized table salt, which is highly processed and stripped of natural minerals!)
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin such as Vital Proteins Grass-Fed Beef Gelatin
- 1/2 – 1 cup ice cubes or crushed ice
- optional: 1 tsp Sunwarrior’s Vitamin Mineral Rush liquid mineral blend
In a small bowl, combine first two ingredients (chia seeds and water). Stir gently with a spoon. Set aside to thicken and “gel.”
Add remaining ingredients to blender in the order listed. Be sure to sprinkle the gelatin in AFTER adding the milk… If you add the gelatin before adding the liquid, it will stick to the bottom of the blender!
Cover blender. Start on low, and then slowly increase speed to high for 15-20 seconds.
Scoop in the thick chia-water mixture. Resume blending on high, and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Don’t get caught in a “morning rush” without a plan!
My Million Dollar Breakfast Shake is a great place to start, and it’s quick and easy once you have all of the ingredients on-hand.
If you want MORE options for healthy recipes and a simple meal planning system (so you’re never caught off-guard), check out my friend Leanne’s Real Meals Weekly Meal Plans.
I’m a proud affiliate because I think Leanne (of Healthful Pursuit) rocks. Her recipes are delicious, her meals are FREE from most common allergens, and she knows how to make things streamlined and attainable. Her weekly meal plans are affordable and a great resource for anyone who wants to eat clean but is totally overwhelmed by the reality of shopping and cooking meals every day… Yes, it can be stressful. Yes, it can be a lot. Real Meals Weekly Meal Plans takes out the guesswork and makes it easy!
Watch my interview with Leanne about meal planning in general (and get more details about Real Meals Weekly Meal Plans):
For more clean eating, women’s health, and holistic healthy living inspiration, SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter! A little ray of sunshine into your inbox every week… No junk, ever. (Scout’s honor.)
*Note: This post contains affiliate links, but please know that I ONLY recommend products and/or services that I fully and completely stand behind (and use myself).