This salad is a sublime (and edible) showcase of juxtaposition! Sweet and juicy cantaloupe contrasted with crispy, salty bacon… Tender greens alongside chewy figs… Delish.
Bacon, Melon, and Fig Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- 10-12 large basil leaves (+ extra for garnish, if desired)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Enough baby spinach to divide between 4 plates
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, cubed or “melon-balled”
- 10-12 black mission figs, stems removed and halved
- 6-8 slices of crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- Kosher flake salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and S&P in your blender and blend until smooth.
Divide baby spinach between four plates. Next, divide cantaloupe, figs, and bacon between the four plates.
Drizzle dressing over each of the four salads. Finish with additional basil leaves (chiffonade-cut) and/or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!
You won’t believe how good you can feel, and how brightly you can shine. Be the woman who lights up the room! For blog updates + women’s health inspiration, SUBSCRIBE to our email newsletter.