I shared this recipe on my Facebook page and got quite a response, so I thought I’d share it again here on the blog! By the way, I have no idea if I’ve fudged up the spelling for the fudge-like word… Is it “fudgy,” “fudgey,” or “fudgie?” I don’t know. I’m going with FUDGY!
I don’t have a “print recipe” function, but the ingredients and instructions are so simple you can probably memorize it. These little mounds of fudgy goodness are delicious, and quite healthy! They are 100% fruit-sweetened and full of fiber and healthy fats. And the best part? They’re no-bake. Perfect for summer.
Fudgy Chunky Monkey Cookies
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (I love Tropical Traditions brand)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, almond butter, macadamia nut butter, or Sunbutter
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp (i.e. a HEAPING 1/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp collagen peptides (I love Vital Proteins brand)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt if nut butter is unsalted
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup or local honey if nut butter is unsweetened
1) Optional: lightly toast coconut flakes in a skillet on the stovetop, or in the oven (preheat oven to 300°F, place coconut flakes on rimmed baking sheet and toast for 5-6 minutes). WATCH CAREFULLY! Coconut burns easily! You can skip this step to make these cookies 100% no-bake, but toasting the coconut really brings out the flavor.
2) Mash bananas in a large bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients.
3) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer and freeze until firm.
4) Place cookies in tightly sealed container with parchment or waxed paper between layers. Store in refrigerator for 1-2 days, or freezer for up to 3 weeks. The cookies will be softer, fudgier, and chewier when stored in the fridge. They will be firmer (but still incredibly delicious) when eaten straight out of the freezer!
Other fudgy recipes you might like:
You won’t believe how good you can feel, and how brightly you can shine. Be the woman who lights up the room! For blog updates + four FREE feel-good workouts, SUBSCRIBE to my email newsletter.